PENTECOST SUNDAY – Sunday 31st May 2020
REFLECTION – Dianne Bergant CSA
Once again we gather together for one reason, only to discover that God has gathered us for another. Through the Spirit of God, we are reconciled to each other and then together we spend ourselves for the common good. Through the Spirit of God the world is renewed, the community is revitalised, and we come to know the mysterious yet all pervasive peace of Christ.
The Spirit has been poured forth and works wonders wherever human hearts are open to its promptings. The earth is renewed each time rivalries are resolved, distinctions are recognised as merely expressions of diversity, peace is restored, comfort and solace are offered, and forgiveness is granted. We are immersed in the vigour of the Spirit of God. All we have to do is open ourselves to it and the reign of God will be born in our midst.
LIMITED REOPENING OF CHRIST THE KING CHURCH
Weekday Masses limited to 10 persons only, will continue this Wednesday to Friday. Restrictions continue to lift this Monday and an update of Mass arrangements will be sent via email to inform our parishioners shortly.
Mass will be celebrated as follows:
Saturday / Sunday Webcast only
- Maximum of 10 people in the church for Mass and you will need to make a reservation – see below
- Use only the 10 designated chairs
- Avoid touching any statues or pictures
- Use the hand sanitiser when entering and leaving the church
- Communion will be distributed only on the hand and by the priest walking from person to person
- After Mass the chairs must be cleaned and sanitised
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home and contact your doctor.
HOW TO RESERVE YOUR SEAT FOR MASS
- All places for each Mass must be pre-booked
- Bookings may be requested no more than 5 days in advance
- Call our Parish Secretary – Claudine on 9871 8710: Monday – Friday: 9am – 4pm
- Available spaces will be allocated in the order requests are received. Only one reservation at a time will be accepted, to give everyone a chance to attend Mass
- The church will be open 9am – 4pm daily Monday to Friday
- Maximum of 10 people in the church at any one time
- Use only the 10 designated plastic chairs
- If all 10 chairs are occupied, please wait outside until someone leaves
- Avoid touching any statues or pictures
- Write the date, time, name, phone number, email address on the form provided
- Use the hand sanitiser after signing in
- Confession will be by appointment only
- Call our Parish Secretary – Claudine on 9871 8710: Monday – Friday: 9am – 4pm to make a time
- Please follow the above sign-in and sanitiser requirements
PARISH DONATIONS: Parishioners who wish to make a donation to the parish, can access the facility on the front page of the Parish website by clicking “Donate Now” on the top right-hand side of the page or donating directly to https://www.bpoint.com.au/payments/ChristTheKingParishNorthRocks via Credit Card. Should you wish to make a donation via direct debit, please use the following details:
Account Number: 00000479
Account Name: North Rocks Catholic Church
FIRST COLLECTION: If you would like to contribute towards the support of the priests (First Collection), please use the following details:
Account No. 00004265
Account Name: Parramatta Diocesan Clergy
Reference Number: 6027
Thank you to everyone in the continual support of the parish and the clergy of the Diocese of Parramatta.
READINGS FOR THE MASS: Provided by Universalis, can be found here: www.universalis.com
THOSE IN NEED: During this difficult time, if you hear of anyone in need of assistance from a priest or the Parish Office, please do not hesitate to contact us on 9871.8710 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or requiring assistance from Vinnies, please call 13 18 12.
IN YOUR MERCY, PLEASE REMEMBER THOSE FOR WHOM PRAYERS HAVE BEEN REQUESTED:
THE SICK: Christopher Hale, Monica Mayo, Ken Abood, Jill Wulf, Ron Lucas, Arthur John Meston, Mary Magill, Joe Frare, Afifi Elchaar, Daniele Donu, Patrick Wheeler, Sylvette Marsh.
RECENTLY DECEASED: John Hearne.
ANNIVERSARIES: Ian Campbell.
DECEASED: Giuseppina Cutrone, Carmelina Cutrone, Jimmy Cutrone, George Cutrone Jr, Beniamino Cutrone, Yvonne Boulous, Phillip Boulous, Charlie Karam, Leila Karam & All Souls.
Dear Friends in Faith,
You are invited to join with others as we create community online to share and grow faith, every Saturday from 11am – 12pm with Saturday Sessions. Listen to the pre-recorded presentation about a topic of faith before Saturday 11am and then join an online group discussion via Zoom between 11am – 12pm. Register in advance for this meeting to receive the links for the presentation and meeting: https://dioceseofparramatta.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJUodu-trDwqGtft0-J88Baq1YDV3N3Z7XzO After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing links to the presentation and conversation.
30th May 2020
Pat Lencioni is a New York Times best-selling author and has worked with hundreds of corporations to help them achieve success through organizational health and leadership. He is also the co-founder of The Amazing Parish. In this talk Pat talks about teamwork. The information he shares has meaning across business, parish and even families.
A response to Donald Trump’s demanding Churches open “right away, this weekend.”
From the Bishop-elect of the Episcopal Church in the Diocese of Missouri, Deon K. Johnson:
“The work of the church is essential. The work of caring for the lonely, the marginalized, and the oppressed is essential. The work of speaking truth to power and seeking justice is essential. The work of being a loving, liberating, and life giving presence in the world is essential. The work of welcoming the stranger, the refugee and the undocumented is essential. The work of reconciliation and healing and caring is essential. The church does not need to “open” because the church never “closed”. We who make up the Body of Christ, the church, love God and our neighbours and ourselves so much that we will stay away from our buildings until it is safe. We are the church.”
To view this Sunday’s Mass online, click on the link below: